FracTracker 2021 Community Sentinel Award nominations now being accepted
Honor your environmental heroes –
Nominations now open for the 2021 Community Sentinel Award!
Do you know an inspiring individual who is confronting fossil fuel harms through their activism and whose work promotes environmental justice? We invite you to join FracTracker, and many others, in celebrating their honorable efforts at this year’s seventh annual Community Sentinel Awards for Environmental Stewardship, a virtual awards ceremony hosted by FracTracker Alliance and Halt the Harm Network in collaboration with partners and sponsors from across the US.
The nomination period ends on Friday, October 29, 2021, so make your nomination today! More details below and at https://www.fractracker.org/sentinels
The 2021 Community Sentinel Award for Environmental Stewardship honors those who address the root causes of environmental injustice in the United States, with a strong focus on racial justice in the face of oil, gas, and petrochemical activity. The award recognizes the leadership of those standing up for their communities to protect the places they love.
- Eligibility:The nominee should:
- work to reduce the harms associated with oil, gas, and petrochemical development;
- work within a framework of environmental justice and anti-racism;
- address the root cause of environmental injustice, not only the symptoms; and be based in the United States, and work primarily on US-based issues.
- Extra consideration will be given to individuals who live and work in frontline communities, and members of the Black, Indigenous, and Latinx communities, all of whom are heavily impacted by structural racism.
- The Award: Each awardee will receive $1,000 and will be recognized during a virtual award ceremony and reception before a group of fellow activists and changemakers who champion a healthy, sustainable, and just future.
- Legacy of Heroes Category: In the event an activist has passed away in the last year, we would still like to recognize them for their efforts within a Legacy of Heroes presentation during the award ceremony. Use the same nomination form linked in this email to make a nomination for this category.
- Award Ceremony and Reception: The 2021 Community Sentinel Award program will soon be announced, including plans for a fall ceremony and reception to be held the evening of Thursday, December 9th. More details are forthcoming!
Ticket sales for the Awards ceremony are now open. (Ticket purchase is not required to make a nomination)
As the impacts of extraction, climate change, structural racism, and economic inequality become more and more apparent, we must continue to lift up the struggles of those most directly affected. Thank you for being a part of this noble movement, and for making your nominations for the 2021 Sentinel Award.
Not sure who to nominate? Forward the link to this post to your networks and spread the word on social media! Retweet & Share on Facebook