🗞 November 2022 – Network Newsletter (Issue #9)
🚨 Network & Partner Alerts
The following alerts were posted in the 📌 Network Bulletin Board
- FracTracker and Halt the Harm are putting together a webinar on setbacks in CA, CO, and PA on November 14th (RSVP Here), Erica Jackson
- Sentinel Award Ceremony is coming up December 8th (RSVP Here), Erika Ninos
- Gas Leaks social media content for sharing, Caleb Heeringa
- Ensure PFAS-free Drinking Water, Tamela Trussell
- Ted Auch from FracTracker has added new images to their library and you can use them in your work (Image Library), Erica Jackson
- Truth Tour Digital Toolkit to oppose Manchin’s permitting side deal, Freeda Cathcart
- New handout on PFAS and shale gas development and new featured research review on noise pollution and health impacts, Sherry Van Lange
→ See all posts in the Network Bulletin Board
📆 Upcoming Events
You don’t need to wait until the monthly newsletter to get upcoming events. Make sure your profile is up to date and you’ll receive our regular digest of event and post updates.
- November 14th, Injection Well Campaign Webinar, Sierra Club → Register
- November 14th, Protected Zones: Oil & Gas Setbacks in CA, CO, and PA, FracTracker Alliance and Halt the Harm → RSVP here
- November 15 – 18, Halt the Harm Summit → Register here
- November 17th, Climate Emergency Film Club – Forests, Hosted by PSR PA → Register
- December 1st, Monthly Network Call – December 2022 → RSVP here
- December 8th, Community Sentinel Awards → Register
📹 New Media
Here are links to recorded media posted in the network Recordings space since September 2022.
- Climate Emergency Film Club – Albedo, PSR PA
- PFAS and Health Impacts: What Frontline Communities Need to Know, Environmental Health Project
- Gas Leaks: Setting the Record Straight on Fracked Gas Disinformation, Gas Leaks
→ See all events in the 📹 Network Recordings Space
A warm welcome 👋to new member Brian Hedden, a filmmaker working on the documentary The New Fracking System.
Here’s a synopsis of Brian’s film: When a fracking mega-site gets moved from a White neighborhood to a BIPOC neighborhood, a concerned mother fights to try and stop it. She soon joins the state-wide movement to change the law but the powerful oil and gas industry fights back with lawsuits, racialized harassment, political sabotage, and $50 million.
🧰 Recommended Resources
We’re always discovering new resources in meetings, events, or things people share in the network. Here is a compilation of some of the new things we’ve come across over the last month. If you want to share a resource, please post it in the conversations space.
- 7 Questions You Should Ask Every Candidate about Shale Gas Development and Public Health → Read more
- New handout on PFAS and shale gas development from the Environmental Health Project → Read more
- Direct Support Fund, Mountain Watershed Association (MWA), Applications are accepted each month → Read More
💭 Final Thoughts
If you think there are good things here, and want to meet others in
Thank you for your readership. We salute you for taking strong stands and caring and listening to the important fights that often get overlooked on larger channels. I hope you’ll join us at this week’s network summit to meet new people and learn from 30+ leaders sharing their stories.
Ryan, Kevin, Marty, Raina, and Krishna
Halt the Harm Network
P.S. Thank you to everyone who voted, volunteered, canvassed, or ran for office to fight for a healthier, cleaner environment during last week’s elections.