🗞 December 2022 – Network Newsletter (Issue #10)
🎉 This week we’re excited to be co-hosting a special event with the FracTracker Alliance to celebrate environmental justice leaders: The 2022 Community Sentinel Award for Environmental Justice.
We hope you’ll RSVP and tune-in us as we honor the 7 award winners for their work to stop environmental injustices perpetuated by the fossil fuel industry.
In this email (Issue #10)
- Community Sentinel Award Ceremony
- Upcoming Events
- Event Recordings
- Halt the Harm Summit Recap
The 2022 Sentinel Awards will feature inspirational speakers, music and art, and recognition and celebration of the award winners. The ceremony will be followed by an optional virtual post-party where attendees can mingle and give words of support to the award recipients.
|RSVP for the Sentinel Awards|
We hope you’ll join us to celebrate this year’s winners: Cesar Aguirre, Dr. Joy Banner & Jo Banner, Laurie Barr, Dr. Crystal Ann Cavalier-Keck, Chanté Davis, and Jill Antares Hunkler.
Want to hang out with the Sentinel Award winners? Don’t forget to RSVP for the after party!
After the awards ceremony, we’ll be hosting virtual receptions for each of the 7 recipients where you can mingle with the awardees and audience members.
📆 Upcoming Events
You don’t need to wait until the monthly newsletter to get upcoming events. Make sure your profile is up to date and you’ll receive our regular digest of event and post updates.
See all events hosted by leaders in the network in the 📆 Events Calendar
- December 7th – Train Wreck for Our Climate: Stopping the Uinta Basin Oil Train, RSVP Here
- December 9th – Shifting Paradigms: A Grassroots Response to Industry and Climate, RSVP Here
- December 11th – Join Beyond Plastics & Mark Ruffalo To Help End Plastic Pollution. RSVP Here
- December 12th – Ensure PFAS-Free Drinking Water – Part 2 How to Reach Out to Stakeholders about PFAS Drinking & Wastewater Testing and Monitoring. Register here
- January 12th – Join us for monthly network call to share updates and mingle with other leaders. We’ll send out your updates in the January issue of the HHN newsletter to 4,000 activists fighting oil & gas polluton across the country. RSVP here
📹 Event Recordings
Here are links to recorded media posted in the network Recordings space since October 2022.
- Halt the Harm Network Summit: Stand Up to Fracking, HHN
- Climate Emergency Film Club – Forests, PSR PA
- Protected Zones: Oil & Gas Setbacks in CA, CO, and PA, FracTracker & Halt the Harm Network
→ See all events in the 📹 Network Recordings Space
🌎 Did You Miss Halt the Harm’s Summit, Stand Up to Fracking?
In November, Halt the Harm Network hosted our first ever anti-fracking summit. We could feel the strength in our community throughout the 4-day event as over 30 speakers told us about the inspiring projects and campaigns they’re working on to empower people in the movement.
Participants had the chance to connect with the speakers and each other, exchange information and resources, and discuss ways to advance each other’s work.
You can watch the replay of the livestream from each day of the summit and see who spoke on the network: https://network.halttheharm.net/c/about-the-summit-2022/
💭 Final Thoughts
We’re still energized from Halt the Harm’s summit. It was inspiring to connect with and hear about the work of so many leaders in the movement. You came away from the summit with the sense that the unique and inventive work that local activists are doing across the country to stop oil & gas pollution will truly bring about change. These grassroots actions are building power and chipping away at the industry in so many different and brilliant ways.
This month keeps this momentum going with FracTracker’s Sentinel Awards. At the summit we learned about the work of the movement. At the Sentinel Awards we’ll all have the chance to celebrate people in the movement and what we can achieve together.
We look forward to having you join us at the Sentinel Awards.
What a beautiful way to close out 2022, isn’t it?
Ryan, Kevin, Marty, Raina, and Krishna
Halt the Harm Network