July 2023 – HHN Newsletter (Issue #14)
It’s here! Network updates, events, acknowledgements, and a new lineup of leader café interviews (the next event is tomorrow).
Our Network Cafes are spaces to learn about other leaders, introduce yourself, and get to know the people in the network.
Did you catch our private screening Fracking the System: Colorado’s Oil & Gas Wars? (See the replay link for the after-screening discussion below 👇).
Okay, on with the newsletter!
🚨 Network & Partner Alerts
The following alerts are posted in the Network Bulletin. Visit the network to add your updates.
- Share: Coalition urges Biden Admin to say NO to “certified” methane gas greenwashing – Gas Leaks
- FracTracker Alliance is hiring a Midwest Program Coordinator! – FracTracker Alliance
- Take Action: Demand a Senate Investigation of the Mountain Valley Pipeline – CancelMVP
- Frontline Catalysts is Hiring! – Frontline Catalysts
- West Deer, Allegheny County, PA Update – Concerned Residents of West Deer (CROWD)
- Widespread, Lingering Impacts of Norfolk Southern Warrant an Emergency Response – FracTracker Alliance
- Crowdfunding campaign to support the documentary “Fracking the System: Colorado’s Oil & Gas Wars” – Brian Hedden, Film Director
📆 Upcoming Events
To get upcoming events, make sure your profile is up to date and turn on notifications in the 📆 Events Calendar.
- July 21: Live Network Cafe Leader Interview with Gail Woon
- July 28th: Network Cafe Interview with Jo & Tim Resciniti of Concerned Residents of West Deer (CROWD)
- August 8: Pollution and Children’s Health: East Palestine and Beyond
- August 10: HHN Monthly Call
- August 16th: Summer Networking Session
📹 Event Recordings
Here are links to the last 4 recordings available in the network
- Discussion: Fracking the System: Colorado’s Oil & Gas Wars
- Check out how folks reacted to the inspiring documentary on the network.
- Leader Interview: Enacting Change Locally To Protect Water from PFAS and Communities from Artificial Turf – Tamela Trussell
- Discussion of “A New War on Cancer” by Kristina Marusic, PSR PA
- A Public, Renewable Power Future: Moving Beyond Monopoly, Fossil-Fueled Utilities, Center for Biological Diversity
👋 Leader Profile: Meet Tamela Trussell – Founder, Move Past Plastic
Tamela has been educating herself and others on the harms of plastic since 2020 full time. She’s created an incredible toolkit for organizers who wish to understand what is happening at their local level regarding environmental and how to enact change. She includes maps of waste management locations, frack wells, and waterways. She has a sample 10 minute presentation that folks can copy and give at their own local town councils to ensure water testing and proper regulations to protect drinking water from PFAS.
Tamela leads workshops to educate the public on PFAS and Artifical Turf. Check out Tamela’s organization Move Past Plastic to learn more: http://movepastplastic.com
→ Visit their profile, Tamela Trussell to see what’s new, what spaces they’re in, and to send a direct message. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Introduction.
Thank you for reading!
This email is a group project by members in the network who want to help the exchange of information and connections among leaders fighting oil & gas industry.
Send us updates or upcoming events you would like posted on the network Events Calendar any time via email, or by posting in the network.
Hope to see you soon!
Ryan, AC, Kevin, Marty, and Krishna
Halt the Harm Network