August 2023 – HHN Newsletter (Issue #15)
Check out the latest network updates, events, acknowledgements, and a new lineup of leader café interviews!
Did you attend our Summer Networking Session? The panel discussion and breakout room mixers connected people from all corners of the U.S. who are working to build a stronger movement to fight oil & gas.
🚨 Network & Partner Alerts
- Gas Leaks – Please Share: Methane Makes “Natural” Gas As Bad As Coal For Climate
- Environmental Health Project – PA Health & Environment Study Results to be Released –
- CancelMVP – Take Action: Demand a Senate Investigation of the Mountain Valley Pipeline
- FracTracker Alliance – We’re hiring a Midwest Program Coordinator
📆 Upcoming Events
To get upcoming events, make sure your profile is up to date and turn on notifications in the 📆 Events Calendar.
- August 25: Network Cafe Leader Interview with Dr. Peggy Ann Berry
- August 26: Rally for the River – Stop the Uinta Railway Campaign
- August 29: Polling 101: What is it, when and how to utilize it
- August 30: Wasted Water: The Impacts of Fracking’s Water Use from Pennsylvania to Colorado
- September 7: Touring Frackland with Beyond Plastics Virtual Group
- September 14: HHN Monthly Call
- September 17: March to End Fossil Fuels on September 17, 2023 – PSR PA
📹 Event Recordings
Here are links to the last 4 recordings available in the network
- Fracking Through the Cracks: The Halliburton Loophole & Unregulated Chemicals in Fracking
- Inspiring Interview with Jo & Tim Resciniti of CROWD
- Empowering Youth, Planting Mangroves, & EJ Work with Marine Biologist Gail Woon
- Panel Discussion of the Film “Fracking the System: Colorado’s Oil & Gas Wars”
👋 Leader Profile: Meet Jo Banner – Founder, Descendants Project
Jo Banner is the co-founder and co-director of the Descendants Project in Louisiana with her sister Joy Banner. The Descendants Project is an emerging organization committed to the intergenerational healing and flourishing of the Black descendant community in the Louisiana river parishes, which hold the intersecting histories of enslavement, settler colonialism, and environmental degradation. Through programming, education, advocacy, and outreach, The Descendants Project is committed to reversing the vagrancies of slavery through healing and restorative work.
Jo is participating in Halt the Harm’s Summer Welcome Committee Session. She is looking forward to working with the Welcome Committee to connect with other frontline people, share her experiences, and learn from theirs.
→ Visit Jo Banner’s profile to see what’s new, what spaces they’re in, and to send a direct message. You can also email email@example.com to request an Introduction.
Thank you for reading!
This email is a group project by leaders in the network who want to help the exchange of information and connections among other leaders fighting oil & gas industry.
Do you have something to share?
Post your updates in the network bulletin board or events calendar.
Hope to see you soon!
Ryan, AC, Kevin, Marty, and Krishna
Halt the Harm Network