September 2023 – HHN Newsletter (Issue #16)
I hope everyone is enjoying the late Summer season and back to school energy. There are many events coming up in the network, including a new season of interviews and meetups. Next week’s event “Chemical Recycling” Myths Debunked has over 150 people registered! Also top of mind is that Sentinel Awards Nominations are open. The deadline is October 6th, so please think of who you’d nominate and help spread the word. Enjoy skimming this compilation of updates and links from Halt the Harm Network.
🚨 Network & Partner Alerts
- Sarah Carballo, FracTracker, Call for Nominations: 2023 Community Sentinel Awards
- Ben Hunkler, ORVI, Report Release: “A Bigger Bang Approach to Economic Development”
- Shannon Smith: Save the Date! The 2023 Sentinel Awards
📆 Upcoming Events
To get upcoming events, make sure your profile is up to date and turn on notifications in the 📆 Events Calendar
- September 29th: Leader Interview with Mary Aguilera
- October 1st: PA Climate Convergence Sustainable Fashion Show
- October 3rd: “Chemical Recycling” Myths Debunked
- October 3rd: Endocrine Disruptors in Plastics: State Policy Options (Beyond Plastics)
- October 5th: Online Networking Meet-up and HHN Orientation
- October 7th: Network Cafe: Open Office Hours (Guest TBA)
- October 11th: 75th Anniversary Smog Webinar
- November 9th: 2023 Community Sentinel Awards (Save the Date!)
📹 Event Recordings
Here are links to the last 3 recordings available in the network
- Fracking Through the Cracks: The Halliburton Loophole & Unregulated Chemicals in Fracking
- Building a Stronger and More Connected Movement – Lunch and Learn
- Wasted Water: The Impacts of Fracking’s Water Use from Pennsylvania to Colorado
🎙️ Recent Interviews
- All the Way to Hell – Eliza Evans
- Dr. Peggy Ann Berry of Between the Waters
- Micah Parkin On A Just Transition Away from Fossil Fuels in Colorado
👋 Leader Profile: Meet Mary Aguilera
Join us tomorrow for a conversation with Mary Aguilera from Ohio Valley Allies! Mary Aguilera was led to the work she is currently doing for Ohio Valley Allies through organizing for the Ohio Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival. She is a native of NH and lived in Cincinnati, OH for 20 years. She has a degree in Organizational Leadership. She has been working to address the interlocking systemic issues of poverty, racism, militarism, environmental devastation and threats from the Oil and Gas Industry in the Ohio Valley and beyond since 2017. Building capacity everyday for a Global Beloved Community is her goal. Forward Together!
Thank you for reading!
This email is a group project by leaders in the network who want to help the exchange of information and connections among other leaders fighting oil & gas industry.
Do you have something to share?
Post your updates in the network bulletin board or events calendar.
Hope to see you soon!
Sincerely, Ryan, AC, Kevin, Marty, and Krishna Halt the Harm Network